Our Service provides a child centered developmental program that is guided by principles of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) - Being, Becoming Belonging (DEEWR, 2009). The EYLF is the curriculum framework that informs early childhood education nationally and guides educators teaching practices and decision making . Educators develop the program based on children's emerging interests and ideas to ensure the learning environment is engaging and relevant and through an ongoing planning process based on observation, evaluation and follow up which supports children to develop skills across all developmental areas.
Each child will be guided to develop at an individual pace according to his or her unique individual way.
Curriculums are continually evaluated to ensure they meet the needs of all children and that the experiences offered promote:
- A sense of curiosity
- A sense of achievement
- Experience of successful learning
- Confidence in oneself, willingness to take reasonable risks
- Identification with ones culture & Family
- Familiarity with & sense of belonging to the larger community
- Appreciation of others & the benefits of collaboration
- Skills to interact with others
- Comfort with diversity
- Communication skills
- An active approach to learning & problem solving
- An appreciation of literacy & numeracy as an invaluable means of
- Making meaning in the world
- Flexibility, a robust of self that allows compromise
- Resourcefulness & resilience
- Perseverance in the face of obstacles
- An optimistic & positive approach to life
- Developing self help skills
- An ability to follow directions
Program and Child Development Records
Educators develop portfolios of children's progress which document the child's ongoing growth and learning throughout the year. These include photographs, observations and examples of children's artwork. From these portfolios, the educators are able to plan and develop experiences and environments based on their specific interests and emerging skills and set learning goals.
Educators and families work in partnership to plan the best environment possible for the children. We welcome your involvement in this. You are invited to discuss your child's progress with educators regularly throughout the year, both formally through arranged interviews and informally though day to day interactions.
All recorded information is kept confidential.
Thank you all so much for your wisdom, your fun, your kindness, your consistency, your creativity, your humbleness, your integrity and endless energy.